Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 9- Results


As I said in my last post, I made this weeks recipes more for my husband than for myself. I am not a huge meat fan. Not that I never have it, but as a child meat would often times give me stomach aches so I am just used to not eating a lot of it. As I also stated in my last post, I would usually use ground turkey in any recipe that called for meat, but this week I chose to go with the meat. The Individual Meatloafs were a little time consuming. I had to make a portion of it ahead of time to let cool before adding it to the rest of the recipe and it took about 45 minutes to cook. It didn't call for any unusual ingredients and I didn't need to use any special tools for this recipe. The only thing I did differently was add the rest of the tomato paste to the top of each meatloaf instead of the ketchup. I like the taste of tomato paste & I had a lot left after the recipe so it came in handy. It tasted pretty good when all was done. My husband really liked it & it made for great leftovers because they were individual.

The Brussels Sprouts Lardon was not hard to make at all. It didn't call for any unique ingredients or any special tools. I mentioned before I had never had brussels sprouts before & they were okay. I thought they tasted a lot like cabbage (which I am not a huge fan of) and it wasn't the greatest thing I have ever had. It complimented the meatloaf well, but I don't think I would make it again any time soon. My husband really liked the brussels sprouts as well. These two recipes were very much comfort foods because they felt very heavy after I ate them. I did learn that it is good to go out on a limb & try new recipes I usually wouldn't. I encourage you all to do the same thing! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers