

Well, I must admit that this week I was a little nervous about the recipes. I have never tried Williams-Sonoma recipes before & I wasn't sure how they would turn out. I was pleasantly surprised! Here's the breakdown of the recipes.
The Grilled Chicken with Arugula Pesto was gooooooood! This coming from a non-chicken lover says something! Maybe because it had my beloved arugula with it? Whatever the reason, it was tasty! Off the bat, I will say that I didn't grill any of these recipes like it says to. I leave the grilling to my husband (who was unable to be there to do it) & WISH I had an indoor grill....but I don't :) So, I improvised a little. I used my All-Clad D5 Saute & Simmer pan to braise the outside of the chicken first, then put the pesto on top & transfer ed it to the oven on 375. I thought it tasted great even though it wasn't grilled. I liked the twist on traditional pesto with using the arugula instead of basil. The recipe said to use an immersion blender, but I used my food processor & it was just as easy. No special ingredients that were hard to find & it was an easy sauce to put together.
The Baked Risotto with Grilled Asparagus was ridiculously good! I am really in to risotto lately, so I was excited to try this out. It was so creamy & good!!!!!!!! It was easy to make & required no unusual ingredients to hunt for. It didn't take as long as other risottos for some reason (not sure why), but that is always a plus. Again, I didn't grill the asparagus. I simply steamed it in a steam bag, then added it to the risotto.
I will for sure make these two recipes again! I am glad I tried to make them even though I knew I would not follow them exactly how it was (the grilling), and encourage all of you to try them too! Bon Appetit!
The Grilled Chicken with Arugula Pesto was gooooooood! This coming from a non-chicken lover says something! Maybe because it had my beloved arugula with it? Whatever the reason, it was tasty! Off the bat, I will say that I didn't grill any of these recipes like it says to. I leave the grilling to my husband (who was unable to be there to do it) & WISH I had an indoor grill....but I don't :) So, I improvised a little. I used my All-Clad D5 Saute & Simmer pan to braise the outside of the chicken first, then put the pesto on top & transfer ed it to the oven on 375. I thought it tasted great even though it wasn't grilled. I liked the twist on traditional pesto with using the arugula instead of basil. The recipe said to use an immersion blender, but I used my food processor & it was just as easy. No special ingredients that were hard to find & it was an easy sauce to put together.
The Baked Risotto with Grilled Asparagus was ridiculously good! I am really in to risotto lately, so I was excited to try this out. It was so creamy & good!!!!!!!! It was easy to make & required no unusual ingredients to hunt for. It didn't take as long as other risottos for some reason (not sure why), but that is always a plus. Again, I didn't grill the asparagus. I simply steamed it in a steam bag, then added it to the risotto.
I will for sure make these two recipes again! I am glad I tried to make them even though I knew I would not follow them exactly how it was (the grilling), and encourage all of you to try them too! Bon Appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment