Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 3- Results (Almond Pancakes & Citrus Smoothie)




The citrus smoothie was surprisingly good! I am not a big orange juice fan, but thought I would be adventurous this week. That and my mother-in-law was coming in to town & I wanted to make her a special breakfast. The only thing that was a little bit of a pain, was making the simple syrup ahead of time so that it could cool for 20 minutes. After that, you just put everything else in the blender. I liked it with more ice than the recipe called for because I like a thick smoothie. It was surprisingly good & I even liked the greek yogurt that went in it. I think to make it healthier, next time I might skip the simple syrup & see how it tastes.

The almond pancakes were fabulous!!!! The almond paste was not hard to find. You should be able to find it in the baking section of your local grocery. According to my husband, the almond paste tasted like cookies! The only special tool you need for this recipe was a food processor. If you don't have one, you could try to pulse it in a blender & see how that works. Other than that, the recipe was not hard to make. The whole breakfast is a good one to make on the weekend when you have a little more time to make something other than cereal! I will definitely have these pancakes again! I love the taste of almond & the pancakes didn't have an overwhelming taste of almond. I would encourage even the none almond lovers to at least try it. Hope you love these recipes as much as I did! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers