Sorry it has taken me so long to get the results out. The taste test with the grilled cheese sandwiches turned out really well. I liked all 3 of them, but LOVED one in particular. My favorite was the White Cheddar and Arugula on Focaccia bread. I loved the creaminess of the cheddar and the peppery taste of the arugula with it. The Focaccia bread was fabulous (as always!) I love the taste of Rosemary that is on the Focaccia bread and how it makes anything you use with it taste wonderful.
The sandwich I liked least of all was the Raw Milk Sharp Cheddar and Basil on Sourdough. I think it was the Raw Milk that I had a hard time with. The very nice lady that helped me at Fresh Market said that it would melt well, and it did, but it is an unpasteurized cheese. I think from being pregnant for so long & being told not to eat unpasteurized cheese, my body just didn't warm up to the taste. The FDA requires the cheese to be aged for 60 days so that it is safe from potentially harmful pathogens. The lady at Fresh Market said this cheese was aged for 180 days, so I figured it was safe to consume. Apparently, unpasteurized cheese is more flavorful. Who knew? My husband loved the Raw Milk sandwich the best, so I guess different people, different tastes!
The Raclette sandwich was okay. I think I needed to add something with it like Ham or something because it tasted to plain. The Chiabatta bread was good, but a little overpowering of a bread to use without anything accompanying the cheese.
I also went and got some Gruyere because I love this cheese & couldn't have a taste test without it. I must say the Gruyere and basil on Sourdough was my favorite of all the grilled cheese sandwiches I made. So, there you have it everyone. You can have fun with recipes you think are boring & are tired of. As Ina would say, "we are just turning up the volume on an old recipe." So, go turn up the volume on an old recipe! Bon Appetit!
The sandwich I liked least of all was the Raw Milk Sharp Cheddar and Basil on Sourdough. I think it was the Raw Milk that I had a hard time with. The very nice lady that helped me at Fresh Market said that it would melt well, and it did, but it is an unpasteurized cheese. I think from being pregnant for so long & being told not to eat unpasteurized cheese, my body just didn't warm up to the taste. The FDA requires the cheese to be aged for 60 days so that it is safe from potentially harmful pathogens. The lady at Fresh Market said this cheese was aged for 180 days, so I figured it was safe to consume. Apparently, unpasteurized cheese is more flavorful. Who knew? My husband loved the Raw Milk sandwich the best, so I guess different people, different tastes!
The Raclette sandwich was okay. I think I needed to add something with it like Ham or something because it tasted to plain. The Chiabatta bread was good, but a little overpowering of a bread to use without anything accompanying the cheese.
I also went and got some Gruyere because I love this cheese & couldn't have a taste test without it. I must say the Gruyere and basil on Sourdough was my favorite of all the grilled cheese sandwiches I made. So, there you have it everyone. You can have fun with recipes you think are boring & are tired of. As Ina would say, "we are just turning up the volume on an old recipe." So, go turn up the volume on an old recipe! Bon Appetit!
Katie, I cannot wait to try these for Clay, I must say the unpasturized cheese does not sound appetizing to me either!! I love seeing what you are making and what you liked best, keep up the good work!!! XOX, Jan
ReplyDeleteoh this is so interesting! thanks for reporting your results!! :) love it!
ReplyDeletehayley