Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2- Results


There is only 1 word that can describe this pasta dish...HEAVEN! This is without a doubt my favorite pasta dish I have made. This pasta is along the lines of Fettuccine Alfredo, but ten times more flavorful & indulgent. My tip for this recipe is to keep the Truffle butter out to get soft so it makes is easier to mix in with the other ingredients. Sometimes I tend to leave the garnishes out, simply because they often times seem like something I would do when cooking for guests, not myself. But trust me when I say to add the garnishes to this dish! The fresh chives & Parmesan cheese add more flavor to the dish & make it better! It was super easy to make, no special tools needed & the only substitution I made was using whole wheat fettuccine noodles instead of the noodles the recipe called for. This was really good with the salad I gave the recipe for & sourdough bread on the side. I even added steamed asparagus as a side & that was a nice pairing with the pasta as well. I truly hope you try this pasta dish & hopefully it will become a favorite of yours as well. Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. great job adding a pic! :) yay! i get to SEE what you cook.

    Okay, honest question, is the truffle butter as STRONG as the truffle butter from Thanksgiving?? :)

    love,
    hales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would like the pic Hayley! Thanks for the idea (actually Robert suggested it too!) I PROMISE the Truffle butter is NOT as strong as it was on Thanksgiving. That was my first time using Truffle butter & I didn't use it correctly. The white Truffle butter is more mild than the black, so get the white. I have learned there are certain things to use with Truffle butter & certain things NOT to use with Truffle butter! Try it & if it is still too strong, Truffle butter may not be for your taste buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Arizona Republic featured a salad and dressing very similar to yours on Thursday in their food section! They used toasted almonds, though, instead of pecans. Looks yummy! And I like the picture of the pasta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. im going to try the pasta- something my whole family will like. and i like homeade dressings- they seem lighter and fresher. nice katie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers