Sunday, May 2, 2010
Week 13-Results
So this week I tried to mix it up a little bit by doing a breakfast recipe. As much as I do love to cook, I am not so comfortable with breakfast & baking. Having said that, this recipe was not too hard to make at all. It was just like making regular french toast, except you needed vanilla paste. I found it at The Fresh Market, so you may need to find it either at a specialty food store or buy from Williams-Sonoma. It also called for liquor, but you could easily omit this ingredient if you wanted to. The sauce with the bananas was not hard to make. I would recommend using ripe bananas because the bananas I used were very ripe & it made the sauce mushy. Granted it still tasted good, but it would have been better with firmer bananas. It also called for Brioche bread, but I could not find it so I used Challa. Overall, I liked the recipe. It was a fun twist on traditional french toast & I love Bananas Foster anyways, so the combination was good. I would give this recipe a try if I were you all too! Bon Appetit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment